IDIOMS RELATED TO ANIMALS
1. Cat nap: A short sleep taken during the day. For example: I had a cat nap during the afternoon.
2. Donkey’s years: A very long time. For example: I talked to my friend for a long time because I hadn’t seen her in donkey’s years.
3. Play cat and mouse with someone: Tease or fool someone. For example: He is playing a cat and mouse with his sister about her lost concert ticket.
4. Smell a rat: Be suspicious, feel that something is wrong. For example: I smell a rat. There’s something wrong with them.
5. Talk until the cows come home: Talk for a long time. For example: We can talk until the cows come home this weekend at the lake.
6. Turn tail: Run away from trouble or danger. For example: We decided to turn tail and leave the restaurant before there was a fight.
7. Live high on the hog: Have the best of everything. For example: He has been living high on the hog since he moved to NY.
8. Go ape: Become highly excited or angry. For example: He will go ape if he sees that you have not finished the work.
9. Eager beaver: A person who is always eager to do something extra. Example: She is a real eager beaver, she will do it very well.
10. Cat get one’s tongue: Can’t speak because of shyness. For example: The cat must have got her tongue when she met him for the first time.
No comments yet.